Here are some simple tips. Don't underestimate their value because they sound simple. They have profound truth.
1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
2. Marry a man or woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
3. Don`t believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
4. When you say, ``I love you``, mean it.
5. When you say, ``I`m sorry``, look the person in the eye.
6. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
7. Never laugh at anyone`s dreams. People who don`t have dreams don`t have much.
8. Spend some time alone, everyday.
9. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it`s the only way to live life completely.
10. In disagreements, fight fairly. Never indulge in name calling.
11. Don`t judge people by their relatives or friends but by their words, actions and companions.
12. Talk slowly but think quickly.
13. When someone asks you a question you don`t want to answer, smile and ask, ``Why do you want to know?``
14. Remember, great love and great achievements involve great risk.
15. Say ``bless you`` when you hear someone sneezes.
16. When you lose, don`t lose the lesson.
17. Remember the three R`s:
a) Respect for self;
b) Respect for others;
c) Responsibility for all your actions.
18. Don`t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
19. When you realize you`ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
20. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.